The uterus is a baby palace inside a female body. It has a lining on its outer part, which is endometrium. Here the implantation of a developing embryo takes place. For a female, having a thick lining on her uterus is crucial for her if she is willing to conceive naturally or going through IVF treatment processes. If you have come to know your uterus lining is thin after visiting the best IVF centre in your city, you need to thicken it for better IVF results. Before moving to discuss how to improve your uterus for IVF, you should know what causes you to have a thin uterine lining and what symptoms of a poor uterus lining are. Keep reading the post till the end.
What Causes A Thin Uterus Lining?
Generally, a female has a 7 to 8 mm thick uterus lining. It faces thinning issues due to several reasons. Some of primary causes of having a thin uterus lining are as follows:
- Poor nutrition – Usually, the uterus lining is made of blood. And having enough blood in the body completely depends on nutrition or diet. As a female undergoing IVF, you need to take utmost care of your diet. You should include the foods in your diet that can help you in blood formation inside your body.
- Structural issues – A septum and scar tissues are structural issues that affect the uterus lining. These issues can interrupt the distribution and development of lining. And as a result, a female can have poor or weak uterus lining. To treat it, you need to go through a respective surgical procedure.
- Bad uterine blood flow – For better reproductive health, there must be a good supply of the blood to the uterus and its lining. Any interruption in the blood supply can lead to a bad lining. Coldness caused by poor blood supply will damage the uterus in a female’s body.
- Other causes – Apart from the above, oestrogen deficiency, uterine fibroids, chronic endometritis (infection of the endometrial cells), and hydrosalpinx could make you have a poor uterus lining.
How to Know You Have Thin Uterus Lining?
Visiting a doctor at a fertility clinic and going through the prescribed tests is the easiest way to identify whether you have a strong uterus or a poor lining around your uterus. Before visiting your doctor, you may notice some changes in your body. Those signs may relate to poor uterus lining. Here are some symptoms of thin uterus lining:
- Clots in menstrual blood
- Painful periods
- Dark red or purple menstrual blood
- Scanty periods
- Low back pain
Tips To Improve Your Uterus for IVF or Thicken Your Uterus Lining
Apart from medicines, there are many other ways that can help you thicken the uterus lining or improve your uterus for IVF. Here are some of them:
1. Eat foods that can help you have thicker uterus line
For overall body growth, taking meals is essential. The taken milk helps you have blood production in your body. And having enough blood in your body will help you thicken the lining of your uterus. And for this purpose, you should eat meat (3 servings a day), olive oil, raw nuts, avocado, and dark leafy green vegetables.
2. Focus on increasing blood flow to the uterus
Poor blood flow causes you to have a thin uterus lining. To thicken the lining, you should focus on increasing the blood flow to your uterus and its lining. And for improving the blood flow, you should:
- Do moderate exercises regularly
- Avoid caffeine, nicotine, and allied substances that may restrict the blood flow to your uterus and its lining. Stop smoking and avoid taking seasonal allergic medicines. Discuss it with your doctor
- Maintain a healthy body weight
3. Try nutritional supplements
In addition to food intake for blood formation, physical activity and lifestyle changes, you should think of taking nutritional supplements. A few studies have proven that a lack of nutritional elements such as iron and vitamins has a link to poor lining. So, talk to your doctor and start taking iron, vitamin E, turmeric, low dose aspirin and digestive enzymes as per his/her advice.
4. Warm up your uterus
You have a cold uterus due to any interruption in the blood flow to your uterus and the lining around it. Warming your uterus up can help you to treat this issue. And as a result, you have a strong uterus and thick lining. For warming up, you can:
- Apply a hot water bottle or a heating pad around your lower abdomen
- Keep your feet warm by wearing socks & shoes and cosy slippers
- Drink warm liquid or juice
- Eat warm food items like beef, chicken, and fish
- Avoid raw, cold, and iced food items
5. Think of trying acupuncture
You can consult an expert skilled in acupuncture, especially when you want to thicken your uterus lining naturally.
The write-up has included the importance of the uterus lining and the reasons that make a female have a thin lining.