Bridesmaid dresses are an essential part of the wedding planning process. They are not only meant to be worn on your big day but can also be worn again. This blog post will discuss how to select bridesmaid dresses to help you make the right decision. And why it’s essential to consider various factors when picking out your bridesmaids’ attire, from colour and fabric types to styles and sizes, while buying bridesmaid dresses in Australia.
Understand the wedding theme.
The first thing you need to do is understand the wedding theme. The dress should be complementary and fit the theme, so it is essential to choose a dress that will work for all of these aspects:
- Season: spring, summer, fall or winter?
- Location: indoor or outdoor?
- Time of day: afternoon wedding? Evening reception? Morning brunch? Midnight reception in July with no air conditioning?
- Time of year: what season is the wedding?
Set the bridesmaid dress shopping date.
Now that you know how to pick the bridesmaid dress for your wedding, it is time to start shopping. If you are looking for a specific style, shape and cut of a bridesmaid dress, then it is best to set a date and stick to it! Most brides will find themselves in this situation; if they stick with their original plan, they can avoid ending up with too much variation among the dresses in their party. You do not want each girl looking like she got her gown from different places; it makes them look disorganised and unprofessional.
It is also important to leave things quickly: even if all of your girls are on board with getting fitted for their dresses on one particular day at the same time, there are still plenty more steps before everyone has purchased their dress. The earlier and more frequently those happen over time, the better off everyone will be, especially if alterations need to be done down the line!
Set the budget and style.
Setting a budget for your bridesmaid dresses takes work. After all, the average cost of bridesmaid dresses across Australia totalled 625 Australian dollars which is not cheap. So, you can choose to go above or below the average price of a dress, but it’s important to know what you are willing to spend on each girl. And deciding on the style and colour of the dress is also very important. If you already have an idea, this part will be much easier than choosing your bridesmaid dresses in Australia.
Consider other factors when choosing a bridesmaid dress.
- Consider the location of the wedding. If you want to have the Australian wishing stone ceremony, then your guest will be outdoors, near water; you may want to avoid bright colours and long dresses that will be washed out by the sun or get wet near the water.
- Consider the bride’s dress. Are you a traditional bride wearing white? Then you should avoid getting a bridesmaid outfit of the same colour.
- Consider the body shape of bridesmaids. Tall women can wear long skirts but not wide ones; short women should avoid long dresses and deep necklines if they don’t have great posture because it makes them look even shorter.
When choosing bridesmaid dresses, you will want to check out all the different styles and colours available. The great news is that many options are available today, and with some help, you can find one that fits your style perfectly!