Extreme tooth pain, tooth decay, and sensitivity are some of the common symptoms that most people go through. These may be the cause of infection in the tooth pulp. You must not neglect such symptoms because they can further lead to complications. Sometimes, extreme and prolonged tooth pain needs emergency attention. You must visit the best dentist Gardner MA at Lavana Family Dental. Our dentist may suggest a root canal treatment to solve your dental problem and save your tooth.
What is a Root Canal Treatment?
Root canal treatment is a process that involves the removal of the infected tooth pulp, further cleaning, disinfecting, and filling the area. The cavity can also be covered with a dental crown if needed. Many people are afraid of the pain during the procedure. But thanks to the new technologies, the procedure has become painless. Anesthesia is also given to the patient so that he is relaxed and comfortable during the procedure. Our root canal specialist Gardner MA is highly trained and experienced, thus performs the procedure carefully.
There are certain benefits of the root canal treatment procedure that have made it the most chosen treatment option.
- Prevents tooth loss– Tooth extraction is another option when dealing with infected or decayed teeth and even cavities. However, tooth extraction causes gaps between teeth that are not acceptable to some people. Also, tooth loss can cause bone loss. With a root canal, you can easily save your natural teeth, providing a permanent solution to toothaches and cavities.
- Stops infection from spreading to the adjacent teeth– Infection of the pulp is caused by bacteria that can easily spread to adjacent teeth. A root canal treatment helps in stopping the bacteria and infection from further spreading.
- Prevents bone loss– Tooth loss can lead to the degeneration of the jawbone. It can make your face look saggy and aging. It is certainly not something you would want! Our Gardner dental recommends root canal treatment rather than a tooth extraction.
- Improves oral health– Usually, people tend to tolerate and neglect the pain. It can take a toll not only on your oral health but also on overall health. It is important to treat the pain and other symptoms without any delay to maintain your oral health. Root canal treatment can improve your oral health!
- Improves the appearance of teeth and smile– Tooth loss can damage your appearance and you would shy away from even smiling in public. During root canal treatment, the infected area is cleaned, disinfected, filled, and covered with a crown. Crowns greatly improve the appearance of your teeth.
We suggest you visit your dentist before making a final decision about tooth extraction or root canal. When you choose tooth extraction, you may want to go for bridges or implants further. Our root canal Gardner MA can save you from the lengthy process that you may have to go through after tooth extraction. Also, it will save you money! Book an appointment for a complete oral examination with us so that we can give you the perfect solution to your problem.